Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Rene, a rental agent for Rock n Roll Rentals, and you gotta try this mic. This is the K-2 tube microphone from Rode. I had the opportunity to use it on a few different applications and was highly impressed at how accurate, smooth, and best of all, warm it was on just about anything I put it to. With vocals, I noticed, a very smooth low end and a bright bump in the mid-range, which is perfect for male or female voices. It had a very forgiving proximity effect even right up on the diaphragm. It sounded great on an over driven guitar at about 3 feet (depending on your room). To me, I though it sounded best on acoustic guitar pointed off kilt towards the bridge. Very warm and delicious! All in all, a great mic to have for multiple studio applications!

No comments:

Post a Comment